Donor Advised Funds
Use This Tax-Wise Fund to Experience the Healing Power of Giving
A one-stop solution that simplifies your charitable giving, donor advised funds have experienced a recent surge in popularity. Here's how you can turn these funds into a lasting legacy at Akron Children's Hospital.
Establish the Fund
- Create the fund at a community foundation or commercial brokerage house to manage your charitable contributions.
- Contribute to your fund.
- Qualify for a tax deduction for the current year when you itemize.
- Decide now or later the charities you'd like to support.
- Grow your fund through the investments made with your contribution.
- Advise* your fund administrator which organizations should receive your support, including Akron Children's.
*You cannot direct distributions. You can only recommend distributions. The fund administrator has an obligation to deny grants that do not meet criteria established by law.
Create Your Legacy
Turn your donor advised fund into a lasting legacy at Akron Children's by naming us as a beneficiary of your fund. You can do this at the time you create the fund, or if you already have one, contact your fund administrator to complete a change of beneficiary form. You have the option of naming us the beneficiary of the entire account or a percentage of the fund. With a percentage, the remaining amount can be managed by your loved ones.
Support What Matters
Learn more about donor advised funds. View and download the FREE guide One-Stop Giving: The Convenience and Simplicity of Donor Advised Funds.View My Guide
An Example of How It WorksWatch How it Works
Joe and Laura want to give back to their hometown by putting their money where it will do the most good. They establish a $25,000 donor advised fund with a community foundation.
The couple receives a federal income tax charitable deduction for the amount of the gift. They also get all the time they need to decide which charities to support.
After researching community needs with the foundation’s staff, Joe and Laura recommend grants for Akron Children's (which they’ve supported for years) and the Animal Rescue League. The foundation presents the charities with checks from the Megan Fund, which Joe and Laura named in honor of their daughter. Joe and Laura are delighted to start this personal legacy of giving.
It's easy to turn your donor advised fund into a lasting legacy at Akron Children's. To learn how:
- Contact Maureen Gaffney Katanic at 330-543-8343 or email@example.com.
- Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
- Let your donor advised fund administrator know that you would like to recommend a grant (gift of support) to Akron Children's.
- If you make a grant (gift) to Akron Children's through your donor advised fund, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
Legal Name: Akron Children’s Hospital Foundation
Address: One Perkins Square, Akron, OH 44308
Federal Tax ID Number: 23-7114013
Not Sure How to Begin Planning?Download My FREE Personal Estate Planning Kit
The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor. Figures cited in any examples are for illustrative purposes only. References to tax rates include federal taxes only and are subject to change. State law may further impact your individual results. Annuities are subject to regulation by the State of California. Payments under such agreements, however, are not protected or otherwise guaranteed by any government agency or the California Life and Health Insurance Guarantee Association. A charitable gift annuity is not regulated by the Oklahoma Insurance Department and is not protected by a guaranty association affiliated with the Oklahoma Insurance Department. Charitable gift annuities are not regulated by and are not under the jurisdiction of the South Dakota Division of Insurance.